Tuesday Night Sports RoundupFree Access
• Boys’ Basketball — Boys Home 46, Bath County 29
The Hilltoppers outscored the Chargers 21-7 in the fourth quarter to pull away for the victory in Hot Springs. Akon Deng had 22 points and nine rebounds for the winners. Bransen Gordon led Bath County with 14 points and nine boards.
• Next up: Boys Home (2-0) hosts Christian Heritage Academy on Saturday at 2 p.m. on the hill. Bath County (0-1) is back in action on Thursday at Buffalo Gap.
• Girls’ Basketball — Alleghany 81, Bath County 15
The Mountaineers built a 49-6 lead at the halftime break on the way to the big victory in the opener for both teams in Low Moor. Kelsey Nicely had 23 points and seven rebounds for Alleghany, Kendell Keene added 18 points and Abbie Fridley scored 14. Averi Phillips had a team-high nine rebounds. The Chargers were led by freshman Laken Tingler who scored six points and pulled in seven rebounds.
• Next up: Alleghany (1-0) is back on the floor tonight in Lynchburg against Liberty. Bath County (0-1) hosts Buffalo Gap on Thursday.
• Men’s College Basketball — DSLCC 95, Washington & Lee Club 79
Dabney outscored the Generals 61-45 in the second half to win their fourth straight in a game played in Clifton Forge. Dayshawn Hamilton led six Roadrunners into double figures with 17 points. Tre McCrary added 16, Noryen Lasley had 15, Jaylon Hudson scored 14, K’knowledge Rawlings netted 13 and Tanner Rivenburg scored 11. Kellen Egan scored 22 points for Washington & Lee.
• Next up: DSLCC (4-1) plays at Ferrum College on Thursday.
• HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS’ BASKETBALL
6 p.m. – Alleghany at Liberty, varsity only
• MIDDLE SCHOOL WRESTLING
5 p.m. – Clifton Middle School at Kate Collins